- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Washington University School of Arts and Sciences (A.B., 1986)
Areas of Practice:
Admitted to Practice:
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Andrea Fischer is a business and bankruptcy litigator, specializing in complex litigation and fraud. She joined Diamond McCarthy in 2012 and is based in the firm’s New York office, where she concentrates in False Claims Act qui tam litigation.
Prior to joining Diamond McCarthy, Andrea was a partner at another prestigious New York law firm. In her years of practice, Andrea has handled many business litigation cases, as well as representing constituents in all aspects of the bankruptcy arena – including trustees, debtors, secured creditors, creditors’ committees, equity committees and individual unsecured creditors. In her bankruptcy practice, Andrea is often retained by clients for her bankruptcy litigation work, frequently involving fraud, as she possesses the skills necessary to quickly and efficiently investigate and try issues in a bankruptcy context. She is also well versed in adversary proceedings and has participated in countless negotiations among various estate constituencies. She has drafted and negotiated many plans of reorganization and out of court restructuring agreements among parties with divergent interests.
In her litigation practice, Andrea has concentrated in areas of complex litigation, and securities fraud, as well as qui tam litigation.
Andrea frequently speaks to lawyers, accountants and financial advisors on bankruptcy and restructuring strategies.
Andrea is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the New York Institute of Credit, and the New York Women’s Bar Association.
Andrea was selected as a “Super Lawyer” for the New York - Metro area in 2012.
Andrea is admitted to practice in New York. She also practices before the Bankruptcy Courts in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the United States District Courts of the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- New York Women's Bar Association
- Andrea Fischer, speaker at 28th Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference, Financial Advisors Tookbox (June 6, 2012)
- Andrea Fischer, panelist at 7th Annual NYIC/AIRA Joint Bankruptcy and Restructuring Event, Achieving Prompt and Efficient Confirmations: Pre-Negotiated Plans, Pre-Packaged Plans and Plan Support Agreements (January 25, 2012)