Steve Loden is a partner at Diamond McCarthy who practices law in the firm’s Houston office. Steve has extensive experience in all aspects of complex commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on representing debtors and creditors in litigation arising out of complex Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Steve’s experience includes representation of Enron, MCI/WorldCom and General Motors Corporation in some of the most high-profile bankruptcy cases in the nation’s history. He also helped defend American Airlines in an antitrust case brought by the U.S. Department of Justice related to the company’s response to the entry of low-cost carriers at Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport.
A graduate of the University of Houston Law Center, Steve is licensed to practice law in Texas and New York, and is admitted to practice in several United States District Courts and Courts of Appeal. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Houston Bar Association, where he chairs the AIDS Outreach Committee’s community action subcommittee.
- Counsel to Enron Corp. in connection with its Chapter 11 cases. Steve was the primary associate assigned to make weekly bankruptcy court appearances on behalf of Enron Corp., and was responsible for representing Enron in numerous significant claims litigations and adversary proceedings involving hundreds of millions of dollars in claims and estate assets.
- Lead litigation counsel to MCI/WorldCom in connection with objections to claims totaling over $25 million.
- Litigation counsel to United Companies Financial Corporation in connection with its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, with responsibility for prosecuting numerous objections to claims on behalf of the estate.
- Litigation counsel to General Motors Corporation in pursuit of claims against the Delphi Chapter 11 estate.
- Litigation counsel to Washington Mutual (f/k/a Bank United) in defense of avoidance actions brought by the Chapter 11 trustee in connection with a failed mortgage broker business located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Litigation counsel to FARO Pharmaceuticals and Counsel Corporation in pursuit of fraud, fraudulent inducement, and breach of contract claims in Texas state court involving off-patent pharmaceuticals, resulting in a very favorable settlement.
- Counsel to American Airlines in connection with its defense of the United States Department of Justice's antitrust claims relating to American Airlines' response to the entry of low-cost carriers at DFW Airport.