Steve Wilson is a partner in the Dallas office of Diamond McCarthy and is a member of the firm’s real estate practice group. Steve’s practice is focused on real estate debt and equity financing, debt restructuring, and the acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of a broad range of commercial real estate assets.
Steve’s clients have included both borrowers and lenders in connection with balance sheet and securitized mortgage financing, as well as mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments and corporate credit facilities. Steve also routinely represents institutional and non-institutional real estate developers, operators and investors in matters involving equity capital formation and in the acquisition and leasing of office, resort, retail, multifamily and industrial projects located throughout the United States. In connection with these investments, Steve has substantial expertise in negotiating joint venture agreements on behalf of both capital and operating partners and in advising clients on all facets of partnership, limited liability company and corporate matters.
Prior to joining Diamond McCarthy, Steve was an associate with the Dallas office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
Steve received his law degree from the University of Texas where he graduated with high honors and was elected to the Order of the Coif. Steve graduated summa cum laude with an undergraduate degree in economics from The College of William & Mary, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Prior to attending law school, Steve worked as a management consultant.
Steve is licensed to practice in Texas.
- Represented a Dallas-based real estate investment firm in capital raising and investment transactions related to numerous medical, retail and hotel projects located in Texas, Illinois, Georgia and Oklahoma.
- Represented a Chapter 11 debtor in restructuring CMBS loans secured by four luxury apartment complexes located in Austin.
- Represented a resort operator in the financial restructuring of three resort properties through sale-leaseback and subsequent debt financing transactions.
- Represented a real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition and debt and preferred equity financing of numerous multifamily apartment complexes and hotel and mixed use properties throughout the United States.
- Represented a South American investment company in the acquisition of retail projects located in New York and Chicago.
- Represented a large hedge fund in negotiating its Dallas headquarters lease and leases in New York, Houston and Colorado.
- Represented a Fort Worth medical office tower in all leasing matters.
- Represented a participant lender in the sale of debt secured by resort properties located in the Bahamas.