What Makes Us Different
From your very first visit to Diamond McCarthy, you’ll likely see that we stand apart from the many firms you might be considering. Our partners, associates and support staff are some of the best around ... and they’ll be the first to tell you that they are part of a special kind of firm because they work hard to make us so unique. You’ve probably heard that before – in fact, we’re pretty certain you have – so here’s a preview of what you can expect:
- We've only got one law geek. If you come here, it will be up to you to figure out who it is.
- While we have offices in Houston, Dallas, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, we actually practice as a single firm. Many firms say this, but almost none of them mean it. Our litigation teams cross office boundaries – working together virtually and in person.
- We believe that all of our clients are the firm's clients. You won't hear partners boasting about "my client" here (unless you hang around Allan, but we're working on him). As a result, our lawyers aren't "territorial" about our clients. That means you'll get significant client contact from the very beginning. After all, if you're drafting an affidavit for the client to sign, doesn't it really make more sense if you talk to the client directly?
- We don't take ourselves too seriously. Many times, the worst thing about practicing law is that you have to deal with lawyers all the time. Ask yourself, would any other law firm have a website with a page like this one?
- We have a relaxed atmosphere that no big firm can match. Want to play basketball while talking about legal issues? No problem. Want to wear blue jeans to work? Feel free. Want to get stuck in the library for days on end? Pick another firm.
- We're a small firm with a national practice. International, really. At the moment, we are handling litigation in (obviously) Texas and New York, but we’re also working on cases in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Las Vegas, Miami, London, the Philippines and Grand Cayman. If you know of anyone who needs our services in Paris or Hawaii, please let us know.
- We don't evaluate our associates based on "face time" in the office. Because many of us travel frequently, our firm is very high-tech. Our equipment makes it easy to work from wherever you are – even from home. We believe that the associates we hire are professionals, and that you will do what it takes to get the job done for our clients without someone having to nag you about getting to work at a specific time.
That about sums us up. Now, what about you? Dive into our Careers pages and let us know why you’re our next summer associate, lateral, paralegal or administrative assistant.