Grace Pak focuses on patent litigation, with extensive experience representing high-tech companies in sectors such as medical devices, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and software. She has particular experience litigating complex patent cases involving multiple patents. Her experience includes appeals at the Federal Circuit and proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. As a member of the U.S. Patent Bar with substantial patent prosecution experience, Grace brings valuable insight into her litigation practice.
- Represented defendant and counterclaimant in complex multi-patent district court litigations involving spine surgery technology, including related appeals at the Federal Circuit and proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Represented innovator of spine surgery devices and procedures to enforce multiple patents against infringer.
- Counseled spine medical device company on overall litigation strategy for voluminous patent portfolio.
- Represented generic drug company in Hatch-Waxman case involving medication used in the treatment of HIV.
- Advised generic drug company on patent licensing and certification strategy for anti-viral combination drugs.
- Represented medical device company in patent litigation involving BRCA gene testing.
- Represented tech company in patent litigation involving computer gaming mice
- Represented tech company in patent litigation involving TV streaming technology
- Litigated on behalf of payment processing company in patent litigation involving software
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Korean American Bar Association
- Public Counsel, Associate Leadership Board
Away From Work
My hobbies include arts and crafts and I partake whenever I can as a form of therapy. In particular, I enjoy watercolor painting botanical subjects. I also enjoy handmaking greeting cards. Whatever I’m doing, I’m with my beloved dog – a chihuahua poodle mix – at all times practicable.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law (JD, cum laude, 2010)
- CALI Award for Excellence in Copyrights
- CALI Award for Excellence in Trademarks
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Contracts
- All Awards attained for achieving highest grade in the class.
- Northwestern University (BS in Biomedical Engineering, 2005)
- California (Active)
- United States District Court, Central District, California (Active)
- United States District Court, Eastern District, California (Active)
- United States District Court, Northern District, California (Active)
- United States District Court, Southern District, California (Active)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit (Active)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Active)