- The University of Texas School of Law (with honors, 1986)
- Texas A&M University (B.B.A. in Accounting, magna cum laude, 1983)
Areas of Practice:
Admitted to Practice:
- New York
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
J. Gregory Taylor
View as PDF
J. Gregory Taylor is a founding partner of Diamond McCarthy. Based in Dallas, Greg also serves as the firm’s administrative partner. A trial lawyer since 1986, Greg handles a wide variety of international and domestic disputes – often from the plaintiff's side – before federal and state trial and appellate courts.
Greg brings substantial experience with litigation touching international borders and multiple districts, insolvency issues and professional/fiduciary liability. He is experienced in the mediation and arbitration of commercial disputes and their judicial resolution, either domestically or in parallel with proceedings abroad.
Greg’s career includes many complex international cases. He represented the Joint Official Liquidators for companies in the Cayman Islands in connection with the collapse of Parmalat, the Italian international food conglomerate; represented an international Dutch financial institution against one of the United Kingdom's largest banks in parallel litigation in California and England; and represented a large privately held company in litigation relating to the development of a major oil and gas field in Southeast Asia.
Greg is a veteran of long jury trials and has secured settlements or judgments exceeding $150 million for his clients. He has argued numerous times before federal and state appellate courts. First named to Texas Monthly's list of Texas “Super Lawyers” in 2006, Greg has held Martindale-Hubbell’s AV peer review rating for more than a decade.
News & Press Releases
- Seven Diamond McCarthy Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Texas “Super Lawyers”, with One Additionally Recognized with Two “Top 100” Recognitions
- Diamond McCarthy LLP Attorneys Named Super Lawyers - Three of Those for Ten Consecutive Years
- Representation of Joint Official Liquidators for companies in the Cayman Islands in connection with the collapse of Parmalat, the Italian international food conglomerate. MDL proceedings in the case are pending in the Southern District of New York, with related proceedings pending in North Carolina, Illinois, Grand Cayman, Milan, Parma, and various other jurisdictions throughout the world. This on-going matter involves damages exceeding a billion dollars.
- Representation of an international Dutch financial institution against one of the United Kingdom's largest banks in parallel litigation in California and England. Competing claims in the case exceed $100 million.
- Representation of a large privately-held company in litigation relating to the development of a major oil and gas field in Southeast Asia, with more than ten billion dollars in alleged damages.
- Representation of numerous U.S. bankruptcy trustees and Litigation Trusts in disputes and trials against Big 4 auditing firms, former corporate officers and directors, national and international law firms, and investment banks. Greg has handled such matters in Texas, New York, Florida, Mississippi, and California, and has overseen related litigation in Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- Representation of a publicly-traded Canadian company in connection with litigation in Illinois against a large U.S. corporation and its international auditor for financial statement and securities fraud.
- Representation of a U.S. oil and gas company in litigation and arbitration relating to the development of a gas field in the Norwegian North Sea. This matter involved parallel proceedings in the United States and Germany.
- Representation of an Italian oil and gas company in parallel litigation in the United States and the United Kingdom relating to the construction of a pipeline and refining facility in the British North Sea.
- Representation of the rock group, Genesis, and the founders of Showco (an international sound company) and Vari-Lite (an international stage-lighting company) in litigation relating to the creation of automated stage lighting and the profits resulting from that invention.
- Representation of various corporations in litigation arising from leveraged buy-outs.
- Representation of partners in a real estate venture that constructed a major office building in a fraud/breach of fiduciary suit against their general partner/real estate developer who directed potential tenants to other buildings in which he owned a larger interest.
- Representation of various companies in connection with securities fraud litigation, in Texas, New York, Illinois and Colorado.
- Defense of claims against officers and directors of companies in the medical and telecom industries, and related litigation against insurance carriers involving coverage disputes.
- Numerous Federal and State appeals, including proceedings in the United States Supreme Court, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal (including an en banc argument), the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeal, and various Texas and California Courts of Appeal. Greg also has assisted in proceedings before the English Court of Appeal, the Cayman Island Court of Appeal, the House of Lords, and the English Privy Council.