Areas of Practice:
Admitted to Practice:
John B. Sample IV
John Barkley Sample IV represents clients (as both plaintiff and defense counsel) in a wide range of general, labor and employment, and complex litigation matters, including products liability, trademark infringement, breach of contract, Medicaid and Medicare fraud, and Biometric Information Privacy Act claims. He manages multiple litigation matters, in both state and federal court, including conducting depositions, managing discovery, drafting dispositive motions and conducting settlement negotiations. He advises and counsels multiple healthcare provider clients on a variety of regulatory and compliance matters, and conducts internal investigations related to potential trading violations on the NYMEX and COMEX; Medicaid and Medicare fraud; and sexual assault. He has particular expertise with contract disputes, and has contributed to editing the book, Illinois Contract Litigation.
• Black Law Student Association; Community Service Chair
• Phi Alpha Delta; President
• Trial Team; Coach, Member, KCMU Jury Challenge Champion
Awards / Honors
• Rickert Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
• Mock Trial Team; National Champion
• Frederick Douglas Moot Court; Editor, Internal Competition Winner, Best Oralist
• Pro Bono Notation
• Paul Lisnek Scholarship for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
© 2020 Diamond McCarthy LLP All Rights Reserved.