- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 1994) Articles Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- Binghamton University (B.S. in Management, 1991)
Areas of Practice:
Admitted to Practice:
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
Lon J. Seidman
Fax (212) 430-5499
View as PDF
Lon Seidman has 20 years of experience in various areas of business and bankruptcy litigation, and regularly represents trustees, creditors, lenders and other clients in connection with complex bankruptcy litigation and business litigation at the trial and appellate levels.
Lon has resolved hundreds of cases involving wide ranging legal issues and has obtained successful trial verdicts for plaintiff, as well as dismissals of multi-million dollar lawsuits asserted against defendants.
Lon has been named by Super Lawyer in the area of business litigation for 5 years and is AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell. Lon has served as a panel lecturer several times for the New York State Bar Association on issues of judgment enforcement, and has lectured on litigation issues for the Association of Corporate Counsel and expert discovery issues for the New York Society of CPAs.
Speeches & Publications
- Lien Creation and Lien Perfection: What's the Difference?
- Represented the U.S. Small Business Administration as receiver for lender that advanced approximately $18 million to asset based lender whose manager pled guilty to $100 million bank fraud. (Redstone Business Lenders, LLC v Israel Discount Bank, 14-3876 (S.D.N.Y.)).
- Represented a major food manufacturer in defense of class action claim alleging false labeling of consumer product and deceptive business practices in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. (In re Kangadis, 14-72649 (Bankr. E.D.N.Y.)).
- Represented plaintiff in bankruptcy trial; obtained verdict for full amount sought. (In re Fabrikant, 2010 WL 4622449 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2010)).
- Represented hotel owner in defense of injunction proceedings in license dispute brought by major hotel franchisor. (Starwood (M) Int’l c. La Mer Hotel, S. De R.L. De C.V., 10-9428 (S.D.N.Y)).
- Represented bank in appeal of decision granting summary judgment in dispute over bank’s distribution of insurance product. (Analect LLC v. Fifth Third Bancorp., 380 Fed Appx. 54 (2d Cir. 2010)).
- Represented owner of 11 shopping centers in defeat of preliminary injunction motion seeking to restrain disputed funds of $13 million. (In re First Republic Group Realty, 421 B.R. 659 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2009)).
- Represented leading independent consumer research company in defamation lawsuit against major industry trade group. (Consumerlab.com, LLC v The Council for Responsible Nutrition, 004998/2005 (Westchester Co.)).
- Represented corporate owner of 60 retail stores in breach of warranty action, including evidentiary hearing to obtain TRO and preliminary injunction. (VAC Service Corp. v. Car Toys, Inc., 04-03162 (S.D.N.Y.)).
- Represented industry trade group in challenge to new legislation promulgated by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs. (Metropolitan Funeral Directors Ass’n v. City of New York, 702 N.Y.S.2d 526 (Sup. Ct. NY Co. 1999)).
- Represented representative of estate of widow of ice cream magnate Tom Carvel in Surrogate’s Court proceedings including trial concerning approximately $67 million estate. (In re Thomas Carvel, 3285/90 (Surr. Ct. Westchester Co.)).
- Represented widow of victim in Long Island Rail Road shooting against manufacturer of the hollow point bullets used in the shooting. (McCarthy v. Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc., 916 F. Supp. 366 (S.D.N.Y. 1996)).
© 2020 Diamond McCarthy LLP All Rights Reserved.