A complex commercial litigator with substantial experience in cases involving a high degree of financial sophistication, Drew Jones focuses his practice on challenging commercial litigation throughout the U.S. He has guided clients through a diverse range of complicated business and trust-related disputes including cases involving breach of contract, violations of fiduciary duty, business fraud, breach of non-compete agreements, data privacy, tortious interference and shareholder derivative claims. A resident in Diamond McCarthy’s Dallas office, Drew brings extensive trial experience in all phases of litigation in high-stakes disputes and strives to get his clients the best result possible.
- Successfully defended a consulting firm hired to implement an inventory management process for a national furniture retailer against allegations of material breach of Master Services Agreement.
- Successfully defended a credit union in a class-action litigation related to overdraft fees, resulting in complete dismissal of credit union.
- Represented sellers of a commercial building in a fraud and fraudulent inducement of a sale dispute, including allegations that there were material misrepresentations in both the occupancy and condition of the property on the date of closing.
- Successfully prosecuted an action on behalf of a consulting and management firm that provided care for special needs individuals that resulted in resolving unpaid services.
- Defended adhesive manufacturer in a product liability dispute related to the failure of AstroTurf installed in an indoor soccer arena that led to the injury of a soccer player.
- Represented a golf supplier related to a business interruption loss that was the result of a catastrophic fire, resulting in obtaining several million dollars in lost revenue and damaged inventory.
- Obtained favorable results defending multiple engineers for their work in the design and implantation of construction of both residential and commercial properties.
- Routinely obtain successful outcomes on behalf of general contractors and subcontractors in defending claims related to construction defects.
- Facilitated the successful resolution for an individual who specialized in securitizing revenue streams of sporting events after prior company alleged intellectual property theft and defamation.
- CIPP/US Certified - International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
Honors and Awards
2022 Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star for Business Litigation
University of Oklahoma
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Business School Dean’s List
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- SMU International Law Review, Associate Managing Editor
- Dean’s List
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
Away From Work
I am constantly striving to spend most of my free time outdoors. Whether it is hiking 14ers in Colorado, running marathons, or sailing the Aegean Sea, I am a huge fan of adventure. When I am not exploring, I enjoy spending time with my dog, Charlie, and rooting for my Oklahoma Sooners.
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A. Accounting & Finance, 2009)
Dean’s Honor Roll, 2006 - 08; Business School Dean’s List, 2006 - 08
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (JD, 2012)
Dean’s List, 2009 – 2010, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, 2009 - 2012
- Texas, 2012 (Active)
- Federal District Courts, Federal Circuit, Texas, 2013 (Active)